Lingerie as Outerwear: Rock'n Rolla
So, the weather has tanked again and I’ve been curled up on the couch reading and listening to my favourite tunes. The reading is wonderful, but I’ve found myself dropping the book to groove out to some of the more rockabilly sounds and wishing we had a more active scene. Who doesn’t love a little retro glamor and funky fashion now and then?
The outfit for this post was created during a particularly rowdy scootin’ boogie around the living room to Drop The Lime’s “Hot as Hell”. I may have knocked over the lamp and woken my sweet little sleeping dog while deciding which lingerie was cool enough to pull off this wicked look.
Zinke intimates manages to create lingerie that can compliment any style. Their cozy little Tulsa Bralet in a stunning cherry scarlet is just begging to join forces with these high-waisted, skinny leg, cigarette pants from Deadly Dames, so you can run amok and cause a little Mayhem with Imelda May.
It’s pretty darn tempting to throw in a super sexy pair of heels to give you the legs of an Amazon, but I like the subtle fun of these quirky polka-dot, peep-toe, ballet flats instead. That way, when you find yourself on the fun side of Blue Harlem, you’ll be able to do more than stand elegantly. You’ll shimmy shake out on the dance floor, but don’t forget that your necklace is a potential danger, so watch the eyes when you twirl!
When you do emerge back into the night, it’ll be chilly, so don’t forget that teeny weeny little shrug top. Not that something this tiny is really going to keep you warm, but you certainly wouldn’t want to lose track of such a wicked little mix and match item. It really does complete the look, along with that vibrant little flower in your hair.
1. Zinke Tulsa Bralet in Spice: Stretch silk charmeuse in a half-cami is a pretty sweet combination, but throw in a shelf bra and that spicy red color and you have the perfect lingerie cami to wear out and about.
2. RUBY Red Flower Accessory: - I seriously doubt there could actually be enough room on your bolero to wear a flower corsage. It will look much better in your hair anyway.
3. Deadly Dames Cigarette Pants in Black Sateen: Now you may recall that I usually have a pretty steadfast rule about not wearing pants with any kind of shine. I broke that rule once for some really cute pink trousers and I’m breaking it again for these amazing black pants. That highwaist and super slim leg cut make these the ultimate in rockabilly chic. I gotta say, these would look pretty fabulous wherever you wear them and whatever you pair them with.
4. SEE By CHLOE Army and Rose Bowling Bag: If you’re going to do something, you may as well do it all right! The bowling bag shape of the leather bag combined with the retro styling was just too good to pass up. Plenty of room for a flask and any other treasures you may need to carry along.
5. KISS KRISS Peep-toe ballet flats: I was a little worried that these were a little too close to something Minnie Mouse might have in her closet, but then I realized I didn’t care either way. They’re the perfect dance partner for when you just want to let loose and enjoy a little boogie time.
6. Velda Lauder Super Soft Black Shrug Top: Not much coverage, but a whole lot of attitude. The stocking effect is my favourite part of this itsy bitsy little bolero. While the outfit works nicely without it, this shrug top really completes the look.
7. Triskaidekaphobia Dagger Necklace: The necklace just had to go with the outfit. It could have been the name of the brand (fear of Friday the 13th) or it could just be that the outfit had lots of delicate pieces with the spaghetti straps on the cami and the ties on the sweater. It really needed a bit of a heavier chain on the necklace.
8. Broken Heart Flask by Retro A Go Go: Generally I like to accessorize my lingerie as outerwear outfits with jewelry, maybe a glitzy bag but not usually a flask. Of course, if you have to have a flask, it had better be one as nice as this.
9. Marc by Marc Jacobs Miss Marc enameled brass stud earrings: It would be pretty hard not to grin when faced with these super-cute lopsided smiles dangling from your earlobes. I like the way the studs seems a bit more grounded along with the flats on your feet.
So, what do you say? Are you game for a little dance on the wild side? The music is great, the clothes really sing and who doesn’t love a sexy retro bowling bag?
Maggie (Blog Contributor for Bella Bella Boutique)
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and RSS.
Shop with us at BellaBellaBoutique.com