Lingerie as Outerwear: Sunshine Daydreams


 
Summertime and the living is easy. Janis knew what she was singing about and I have to say, as I sit in my office and stare out at the beautiful sunny weather and all those lucky folks getting to enjoy it... I sincerely wish I had been born rich and not beautiful, so I could join them.

Now, if I were to join them, you know I would need to incorporate some lingerie into my look. So naturally I’m going to look to Sonata Lingerie to supply the top. The silk chiffon keeps the look light and fresh and who doesn’t love a little extra bling in the sunshine.

On this glorious sunny day I’m going to want to all my options open, so it’s definitely all about the jeans for maximum fun. The beauty of these cute capris jeans is the opportunity to flash around some wicked beaded Jimmy Choos. Now granted, I won’t be out hiking in these towering heels but won’t I rock the cafe scene in a big way!

Although these capris sit fairly high on the calf and my poor legs haven’t seen much sun in quite awhile, I’m not going to fake a bake. Nope, I plan to show my pasty gams in all their glory. Don’t worry, I’m a big proponent of sun smarts, which is why the Bare Escentuals will be packed in the Coach tote right next to a little shiny lip tint. Which I’ll probably need to keep applying as I like the tasty vanilla mint flavor off while savouring my caffeine fix for the day.

I’ll be sipping my iced cap, jamming to some tunes and enjoying a little solitude. As the temperature rises, so will the sweet scents of snow pear and cedarwood from my moisturizing LELO massage oil. A handful of gold and shiney baubles will keep me twiddling my thumbs and grinning from ear to ear. But who wouldn’t be if they had the chance to hang out on a patio in full sun mid week?

Can you think of a better way to spend a sunny afternoon?  It certainly would beat the heck out of the sitting in the office staring out the window.

1. Mimi Silk Camisole by Sonata Lingerie: I think the lush chocolate color of this silk camisole is perfectly rich and would be perfectly wasted if it were never to see the outdoors. The design is tasteful with the transparent silk chiffon panel just grazing the upper bustline but extending over the shoulders and a bit down the arms. You’ll need to wear a strapless bra so you don’t distract from all the extra little blingy details.

2. Current Elliott Bayberry "The Matchstick" Jeans: The lightly washed blue of these jeans will give the impression that they’re an old favorite rather than a new splurge. The hem falls just below the knee or it can be rolled up for a longer line short look. Either way, you can dress them up, down and sideways and always turn out perfectly polished.

3. Origins Rain And Shine Liptint With Spf 15 Sunscreen: Let your smile do the talking with this protective liptint from Origins. Plenty of colors to choose from, but even more amazing is the fact that these sheer shades give your lips a Sun Protection Factor of 10. The vanilla mint flavor is a little extra treat that will make this your go-to product for summer fun. Even if it is only March.

4. LELO Luxury Massage Candle - Snow Pear and Cedarwood: The beauty of this massage candle is that the oil is super emollient rich and comes with a fabulous perfume that is both light and flirty. There’s plenty of different scents if the sun has made you shy of anything affiliated with snow.

5. Valerie Egee sculpted ring: The rough edges and irregular angles of this ring are mesmerizing and will provide plenty of hours of good old fashioned admiring and daydreaming. It isn’t too cute and it isn’t too pretty, but it is plenty of interesting and beguiling.

6. Oscar dela Renta 24-karat gold-plated cabochon ring: Just a little pop of color on your hand to keep the red of the poppy Coach bag company. Bright and sunny weather deserves to see bright and sunny flowers, even if they are 24 karat gold. Who would have thought there would be poppies blooming in March?

7. Jimmy Choo Nude Suede Beaded 'Della' Sandals: These sandals are just so sexy! I love the beaded trim detail from the ankle down and the way the straps have been arranged to look so structured and architectural. If anyone manages to look away from your beautiful silk top, they’ll be equally mesmerized by your fancy feet. Jimmy knows his shoes alright!

8. Miu Miu Headband: With this much bling on the camisole, you won’t need much jewelry so why not decorate your hair? This double band of pearls is the perfect casual day decoration.

9. Coco de Mer by Coco de Mer: Take one part opera, one part dance beats and a good side of ambient and you have a pretty sweet mix to keep you hopping all afternoon long. It’ll be a nice break from the formulaic top 40 stuff that the local coffee shop is always piping in.

10. Coach Poppy Placed Flower Large Tote: I don’t know many people that could resist a Coach bag, much less one as pretty this. The punch of color from the poppy flower is fabulous and it carries on through to the lining as well. Strung over your shoulder or swinging from the crook of your arm, this is a beautiful piece of eye candy!

11. Bare Escentuals Bareminerals Spf 30 Natural Sunscreen: This sunscreen is oil free and preservative free and kind to your skin. Breathable, weightless and delivering SPF15 so you can glow without chancing crows feet in the near future. I would even suggest a light dusting under the silk chiffon portion of your camisole. After all, nothing ruins a wonderful afternoon like an evening sunburn.

A nice breezy kind of outfit for a nice breezy kind of a day! I’m loving the warm weather and the ability to avoid all the layers, here’s hoping that the cold weather doesn’t come back to interrupt my fun.

Cheers,
Maggie (Blog Contributor for Bella Bella Boutique)

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and RSS.
Shop with us at BellaBellaBoutique.com

Comments